Wednesday, August 20, 2008

8.20.08... SUPPLEMENTATION

Hello All,

I am the type of person who does a lot of thinking before implementing any sort of change. Sometimes this is to a fault, because I tend to over analyze at times and that can get in the way of actually making a decision. When I decided to take the P90X journey there were a lot of reviews read before I actually decided to go ahead and purchase the program. I read nothing but good things about the program so I decided to purchase it early so I could so other research prior to starting. To enhance the effects of the program I decided to use a few supplements that I have read great things about.

Supplementation is a very important part of an exercise regimen and needs to be utilized to have any significant gains. Even if the only think that you supplement is protein.. SOMETHING needs to be taken. After a couple weeks researching here is what I have decided I am going to use for supplements:

Creatine: I have decided to check out NSI Ethyl Ester Creatine. My reason for deciding to use this supplement was because after reading some reviews they mentioned it would not cause bloating. I never understood why I should take creatine when I am already “stocky muscular” (if that makes sense). The product says that it will increase muscle strength which would lead to muscle gains (which = more calories burned at rest=lose of body fat). I am going to use this the first 60 of the program.

Protein: This is an essential supplement to increase lean muscle mass. If you are not using protein your results may not be to your liking. Protein supplementation offers your body essential amino acids your body needs to full you muscle during any exercise regimen.

Recovery Drink: I am choosing to use Endurox R4 for my recovery drink. I have read a lot of amazing reviews about this supplement so I am going to give it a try. This recovery drink boasts very quick recovery and that you will be more than prepared for your following workout (assuming it is the following day) If I am not satisfied with it then I am going to give the P90x Recovery drink a try.

HMB: This is a product that is to assist with decreasing muscle breakdown, increasing protein synthesis, and muscle strength gains as well. Since is it good to cycle creatine for 2 months at a time, I decided to give this a try during the last phase of P90x (days 61-90). I am not sure if it will just help me maintain an increase in strength (like the creatine is supposed to do) of have some other effects like help increase my muscle mass due to the lack of breakdown of muscle tissue. I guess I will not know until I try.

MX-LS7- This is the Maximum Lean System 7 program that is supposed to increase your metabolism through thermogenisis. I have used this before and it gave me amazing energy while working out. I am not quite sure of the metabolic factor, but I am sure when I took it the first time my eating habits did not help. I have been eating pretty healthy on The Body RX and decided maybe I will give it another try this time.

Sorry for the long post guys! I just wanted to shed some light on the supplements I intend on using to increase the effectiveness of my P90X journey which will blast off soon.

Be Well & Stay Fit

**JK**

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey JK! It's always good to analyze things before you get into them, especially a commitment like P90X. It's good to know what you are heading into.

Anyway, as far as supplementation...I'll break it down like you did.

CREATINE: I have not used any as of yet, but I am researching it and planning on using it soon. I may wait until round 2 to actually get some, but we'll see.

PROTEIN: I go simple but efficient on this one. I buy Whey Protein from Body Fortress (which is sold at Walmart)..usually mix a scoop of it with Weight Watchers Tropicana OJ (less sugar and calories from the OJ that way). It's relatively inexpensive, tastes excellent, and has the protein isolate in it that you need. That ends up being my recovery drink. It's never let me down yet. Plus, I get the rest of my protein from lean meats and bars.

HMB: I will need to look into this and see what it can do for me, but it sounds compelling to say the least. Same goes for the Lean system you mentioned.

Hope this helps, bro! Any suggestions from you would be great too!