Friday, August 15, 2008

8.15.08

I know that it has been a few days since my last entry, but here I am! I am sure that I will have a lot more to say once I start doing P90X and feel the burn (which I am definitely eager to experience).

Right now I am in the middle of the Body RX and have begun the second phase called sculpting. Now the difference here is that you drop the weight by about 20% and increase the sets and reps. I can honestly say that after doing a couple of these workouts to date, I am definitely feeling the muscle pain. I guess in a sense this is muscle confusion (but not Tony Horton style). What works about this phase is that the muscles have gotten used to lifting the heavy weight and now you are building endurance by decreasing your weights and pushing more reps out. It felt good to drop the weight but my muscles fatigued in a way that I have not felt since I began working out years ago! Today my arms and back are really feeling the previous day’s workout like NO OTHER. But it is a pain that I secretly enjoy. It lets me know that I am doing something right.

This weekend I am hopefully going to work on another video for my youtube account (which I hope you all check out). I am also going to start working on the basement and create my gym area. I have a friend coming in town next week and want to get the gym together down there as soon as possible. Before I know it the next 2 weeks will fly by and it will be time to start my P90X workouts! I am actually really excited to begin! A few of my friends have already gone ahead and ordered their Power90 videos so we will be starting the 90 day challenge on time!

**JK**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great that you are excited about beginning the P90X program. As you know through all of your workout experience, that energy really helps carry you through the lazy days. Keep us posted!