Thursday, August 7, 2008

90 Day Workout Challenge (8.07.08)

So yesterday I wrote an email to the 4 other people who are embarking on the 90 day workout challenge with me. Although they are doing Power 90 instead of P90X, I made a couple of changes to suit them. I think that they are going to do rather well. They all seem pumped and ready to tackle this head on. The letter I wrote them went a little something like this:

Dear Challengers!

Here is the deal. M and N have already committed to the 90 day challenge. I have not confirmed that from K or C so you two have to get back to me to let me know.

The 90 day challenge is going to be for all of us to complete a workout program and get in shape (at home) during the fall/winter months. We will bring in 2009 with a real bang. Not only will we look better but we will feel better both inside and out! We all have goals that we want to reach:

JK wants... to be in the best shape of his life
M wants… to be in the best shape of her life and to tighten and tone
N wants... to feel better about herself (I WANT THIS FOR YOU TOO NAT!!!)
K wants... to lose more weight than his previous goal weight (also to tighten and tone)
C wants... to lose his little belly (or to be more muscular ... not really sure..LOL)

All of this can be achieved if you PROMISE YOURSELF, as well as this support group, that 90 days is not a lot of time to make major changes. When you order the program it will come with an eating plan that you should try to stick closely to. When I say closely I mean follow a few guidelines:

1. You do not have to eat every meal that the plan offers you. Find ones that you like and eat them as much as you like. I make all my meals on my day off and just ration out portions to last me a week. Make sure you prepare them ahead of time and you will have no problem following the eating plan.
2. Do not miss a meal. You should be consuming 6 meals a day (eating every 2-3 hours). Consider looking at it this way. Breakfast, mid-morning snack, Lunch, mid-afternoon snack, dinner, snack (2-3 hours prior to bed unless it is a small protein shake)
3. Drink lots of water. Juices and sodas need to be OUT OF THE PICTURE for this period. If you MUST have soda make sure it is diet and try to limit your consumption of them.
4. You can have alcohol on occasion, but make sure it is light beer (only a couple) or alcohol with soda water. No mixers! If you can stay away from alcohol all together your results will be even better. Your body has the tendency to burn alcohol before fat. So if you drink alcohol you are automatically slowing your metabolism.
5. PROTEIN supplements are a must. Protein shakes and bars should be met so you are consuming your body weight in grams. For instance, I weigh 190lbs so I should consume 190 grams of protein a day. It is not hard to do with the right supplementation.
6. Creatine should be taken for those who want to put on lean muscle mass, ask me more if you want this result.
** any other questions about supplements feel free to ask**

If you have any questions pertaining to the guidelines ask and I will let you know. The reason I am emailing all of you now is to give everyone access to each others emails. After a tough workout or when you are noticing great results, you can just reply all and let us know what’s going on.

Here are the dates:
August 28, 2008 M, N, and I we will be taking our Day 0 photos & measurements.
Sept. 1 or Sept. 2 The program begins (depending on if you have something planned on Labor day or not).
On Every 15th day you are to repeat the pictures and measurements. (From the beginning of the program, not from when the original pics are taken.)

Photos should be taken in the following positions:
Front (hands on hips)
Front (flexing your biceps)
Side view (don't hold stomach in)
Back (flexing your biceps)
**Men should take pics without a shirt and shorts on and women should take them in a bathing suit**

The list of sites to measure are:
body fat% (if you can get it measured)
weight day 0
chest
waist
hips
right and left thigh
right and left arm (while flexed)
I am assigning the Power 90 workout plan for you guys! I think it is a great beginning for you and will give you all the results you want.

Good Luck to us all! If any of you want to include anyone else in the challenge forward this email to them and let me know who they are so I can include them in the next email update. Once all info is taken like pics and all forward them to me as I am going to keep a record of everyones results on my computer! And make a movie about us (for our eyes ONLY). GOD I LOVE THIS NEW HOBBY OF MINE!

Best of Luck,

JK

If any of you guys want to do the challenge with us, leave a comment and let me know! Keep me updated on your results!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome you are leading this challenge for your friends and it sounds like you'll be a great P90X coach. Unfortunately I will be way into round 2 by Sept 2nd, but I'll be with you in spirit! Maybe our next rounds will coincide. Good luck and keep us posted!