Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8.19.08 ... Weight Gain!

So After my deception entry I have been a little obsessed with my weight. I know that I am adding weight in muscle, but I usually would decide that I need to drop weight before I would resemble a slim muscular physique. The last time I weighed myself, I was 196.1 lbs and I knew that it was muscle gain. I usually do not weigh myself because I know that once I step on that scale, the one thing on my mind day and night is the number that pops up on the digital display. When I weighed myself the last time I was feeling slim and my muscles were starting to really show so I thought that their was a significant weight loss. Clearly I gained more weight because I increased my muscle mass by 6 lbs (the last time I weighed myself was three weeks into The Body RX and I was down to 190lbs from my original weight of 196.7lbs)…

Well Yesterday I was having one of those feelings again and knew that I was losing more weight (or what was really happening… losing body fat) My Muscles are becoming more firm, my stomach flatter, my jeans are still fitting nicely, and my arms/shoulders are really filling out. I have NO complaints about the way I am looking now, but I just felt like I am really slimming down, so I decided to step on the scale again to check my weight. I stepped on the scale and the digital display read.. 199.8 lbs. In the last couple of weeks I have gained another 3 lbs of muscle. Usually I would freak out and revert back to some way of shedding weight, but this time I am going with the flow. According to The Body RX, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn at rest. So in theory, this muscle gain will be in direct correlation with my slimming down. I will cross my fingers and go with the flow. I am sure that once I start P90X on Sept. 2… the rest will fall into place.

Be Well and Stay Fit,

**JK**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to fight against years of thinking "more weight equals fat".... I know that feeling well. It is great that you are seeing the gains in the muscle development and you are absolutely right that you will burn more calories even at resting.

Mr. JK said...

Thanks for checking out the blog Makingachangefl! Yeah years of thinking that way have led me done the path of many "YO-YO" diets. This time I am glad I am in a place where I am going to try and be a bit more daring. But I must say it HAS to be due to the amount of protein I am consuming! It definitely helps!