Monday, August 25, 2008

8.24.08... Getting CLOSER!

Hello Everyone,

Every time I am going to begin a new experiment/journey/fitness routine there is always a little bit of anxiety that kicks in prior to GO DAY! I have to say that awful feeling is starting to creep up. I have been working a lot lately and have not been able to finish the last little projects that I need to be P90X READY!

Some of the things I need to do are:

1.) Purchase my hear rate monitor
2.) Purchase another dvd player
3.) START setting up the gym in the basement
4.) Figure out what I am going to do DIET wise
5.) Purchase some more supplements from Vitacost.com
6.) A yoga Block

I am a total planner and that is why I feel like I am down to the wire. I am going to Fort Lauderdale for the long weekend and need to get all this crap done before I will really be able to relax and enjoy my vacation.

Don’t get me wrong, most of these things I am going to try and work on tomorrow and make my purchases this Tuesday, when pay day rolls around. I have already been eyeing a few of these purchases and that makes some of the stress dissipate. The diet is something that I really want to focus on because WE ALL KNOW THAT NUTRITION IS 80% OF THE BATTLE. If you are not eating right, then your results will definitely be less satisfactory. I have been checking out the SOUTH BEACH DIET and think that it will allow me the type of eating I have become used to following THE BODY RX. They both tend to focus on low glycemic/high fiber food choices and they are fine by me. I am a little scared of the first phase though because it is kind of ATKINS like (being based solely on Protein). At this point I really do not have a problem with my protein intake, but I find the high fiber foods are what keep me regular (sorry to be graphic) and give me the energy I need to get through my workouts. I think that I may try and find some sort of fiber supplement to keep my intake high even though Phase 1 of the Diet is mostly protein. Well we will see. I definitely have a few more days to do some research on the matter prior to beginning.

As far as supplementation is involved, I am just about ready. Just need to buy a few more things and I think that I will be ready to go! It has been a while since I have had a SERIOUS supplement regimen, so I think that will be fun. A little costly to say the least but fun nonetheless. I will be doing everything from Thermogenic Fat Burners to Creatine and am hoping for some AMAZING GAINS during P90X. I will definitely keep you posted on the effects of all the supplements.

This Thursday is going to be a busy day for me because I am going to be running around to get things ready for the trip, as well as, meet up with the gang and take our Day 0 photos. I am going to take mine and post my Day 0 photos online the same day even though I am not really beginning until I get back from Florida. Once that happens I am going full steam ahead. I will prob. Make a video as well and put that up on Youtube. It is going to be a really busy THURSDAY!!! Stay tuned everyone!

Be Well & Stay Fit!

**JK**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Jon Kat!

Wow, great blog, man! Have you purchased the P90X package yet? As far as diet goes, the Nutrition Guide that comes with P90X is at least as comprehensive as anything you'll find, I think. I have done South Beach before, but I am not familiar with Body RX. The Nutrition Guide for P90X is very detailed and specific (it changes for each phase of the program). It's also an athletic diet and not a weight loss diet. I did P90 before I started P90X and the P90 diet was based on a calorie deficit. On P90X, I am eating about twice what I was on P90 and still lost about 5 pounds through the first phase and I have tons more energy (I was bonking all the time on P90). The P90X diet is also very clean. Me likey.

Another tip, get TWO yoga blocks unless you are already pretty flexible (I'm thinking Half-moon pose sequence and a couple of others).

I don't really take any other supplements than the P90X Recovery Drink - it is SO good. SOOOO GOOOOD. I mix up one before my workout and stick it in the freezer for a nice cold slushy after-workout drink. Well, that and whey protein shake every morning. I am considering some other supplements but haven't done anything yet with them. The recover drink has some creatine in it already..

I think you are really really going to enjoy P90X. It's hard but the strength, flexibility, and conditioning gains just seem to keep coming and I feel like a million bucks all the time now. Every single workout is fun. Tony Horton is a kooky guy, but you get to like him kinda like a weird uncle.

You already look like a pretty fit guy and you said that you have been working out for a long time already. P90X will really challenge you, especially if you really bring the intensity. Your goal of getting in the best shape of your life is about 90 days away.

I can't wait to hear about your first workout!!

Unknown said...

JK,

All I have to say is...BRING IT!

Get all of that stuff in gear, bro, so that you can show Tony what's up! I use South Beach Diet products for some of my diet, though I am not officially subscribed to the entire diet's schedule. I would say it's not a bad idea, as long as you get enough good carbs.

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you will have any reason to be nervous. You have really planned for this and look like you have everything you need to be successful with this - with the exception of the yoga block. I am interested in seeing how you approach the supplementation during P90X and read your earlier blog on this. I am definitely weak in my knowledge of supplements so I hope these work for you and I'm interested in the results you get. Good luck, let us know if we can help as you get started and we'll be watching for your updates!