Friday, September 12, 2008

09.12.08... The X Update

Hello All,

Sorry about the long delay, but my work schedule has been a little bit all over the place and I have not known which way is up or down. Although it may have stopped my entries, no way in hell would I let it stop THE X! Here is a quick update of the last few days of working out!

Days 5 & 6 (9/6/08 & 9/7/08): Rest and Relaxation

Unfortunately I was out of commission for these 2 days thanks to Yoga X. It really let me have it! Now that I know what Yoga X can do (and I now RESPECT the workout) I will definitely be a little more prepared for the next time we meet.. LOL! Since I had to take those 2 days I am officially one day behind. I have not decided how I am going to make up the day, but I am either going to just finish my 90 days one day late or I am going to skip my day off this week and just keep pushing play… Any suggestions?

Day 7 (9/8/08): Legs, Back, & Ab Ripper X

I was actually a little scared to tackle this program, because my legs were not 100% from my bad date with Yoga X! I am glad to report that this workout was not as bad as I was expecting and the reason for that is because there is a good split of legs and back in the workout. Lots of pull-ups and just the right amount of legs made that workout pretty decent! I can honestly say that I kinda like this routine. Only thing I really hate is the isolated toe lunge thingees! Not my faves at all! Thanks for the modifications you gave me Ant, Ab Ripper is coming along...

Day 8 (9/9/08): Kenpo X

Kenpo X was not bad at all. It in itself was a great break from the rest of the workouts and a good close to the week. Now that week one was down. I knew how I wanted to bring it for week 2 and all fear/doubts were starting to subside. Don’t get me wrong here! I am still sore just about everyday… but that is my body’s way of telling me that I am getting a great workout! Not to mention I am working muscles differently than I have in the past. COMPLETE MUSCLE FAILURE!

Day 9 (9/10/08): Chest, Back, & Ab Ripper X

I was actually looking forward to this exercise when it rolled around this week. I was a little over the lower body pain and wanted to feel like there was something happening with my chest and back. Chest and arms are my two favorite body parts to work out, so when they are in pain… I am happy!!(Slightly masochistic I know, but hey I AM a health nut ya know!) I tackled this workout and completed it with a smile on my face. I barely paused the DVD, just a couple of times to deal with changing the weights. And when I set that goal in my head that Tony talks about, I always aim for the number of reps I was able to complete the week prior. So I either get to what I did last week or pass it. It’s all about CRUSHING your own personal goals! Ab Ripper X is going ok.. I am just aiming at increasing my reps each time I complete the exercises.. slow and steady!

Day 10 (9/11//08): Plyo X

So I did a little bit of research about my target heart rate and what my “ZONE” was. Last week when I did the workout I had my heart rate monitor on, but did not really pay attention to what in the zone meant for me! So now that I knew what my zone was.. I ROCKED Plyo X. I only extended one water break to get my heart rate back into the zone, because I was a little too high. All in all I knew Plyo X was going to be one of my favorite exercises.. and I was right!!!

Tonight I am going to do Shoulders and Arms, and Ab Ripper X... so stay tuned for these types of updates. I kind of like doing a summary of my week all at once, so I think I am going to stick with doing it this way.

One more thing before I go. When do you complete Ab Ripper X? Before your workout or after your workout?

That’s all for now guys! Take care.
Be Well & Stay Fit!

**JK**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have 3 choices to make up that extra day..

1. Skip it and keep to your original schedule - that puts you at 90 days, but don't forget that muscle growth occurs during recovery and you don't want to make a habit of skipping your day off cuz you risk overtraining.

2. Push back your 90 days by one day. Not a big deal, just means your week will now be one day off. Mine's already a week off but since this is my new lifestyle, I'm not sweating it. My 97 day photos will look about the same as my 90 day photos (plus we are allowed to redo weeks if we need to according to the book).

3. Keep your original 90 day plan and do one of your cardio workouts on one of your lift days - if you start your week on Monday, take Monday off and do plyo in the morning and chest/etc in the afternoon on Tuesday. That will allow you to take a proper day off and still keep on your overall schedule. I have done this a couple of times.

I think it's acceptable to do abs first, but do a 5 minute warmup beforehand. The reason the have abs after the workouts is because you are all warmed up.

And yoga happens to be one of my favorite workouts now because even though I am getting all sweaty and working hard, it's also relaxing at the same time and I feel really good when I am done. I don't like how long it takes, though, and I usually skip about the last 4 minutes of laying around on the floor in different poses and just do a couple of minutes of child's pose to recover.

Keep rocking and rolling!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making great progress. I wouldn't sweat the 1 day. This (as you know and have lived) is a lifestyle change. If you really feel you need to add it back in I would add one of the cardio ones (plyo / kenpo) to the X stretch days.

Glad you are going strong.

Unknown said...

Sounds like your progress is coming right along! I told you Yoga was a beast! :-D