Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Getting back in the Swing of things!!! 04.13.09

Hey All,

So I have some news to report. I have been off of the Master Cleanse for about 2 1/2 months now and want to report that things are going really well. I have definitely gained weight back but it is definitely good weight! I am probably around 10% body fat at the current time and if you think about it.. at 193 lbs... that puts me at about 19.3 Lbs of fat on my body and the rest is lean muscle mass! That is pretty awesome right! I was at the local nutrition store that I frequent and the guy who is kind of my mentor of sorts gave that way of thinking! I have always measured my previous success by how visible my abs were or how flat my stomach was looking, but I now have a better way of looking at things.

My diet has been a little interesting lately because most days I am really good about what I eat and other days I really could careless. I am content with the way that my body is looking right now so I can not complain. I know that 2009 is going to be my year as long as I keep my positive thinking and try to be disciplined when I need to be. I find it hard to say "NO" when my friends ask me to go out and enjoy the nightlife, but I have definitely cut back to a few times a week. I think that it is so crazy that I know exactly how I need to eat, but I have such a hard time implementing it. I think a lot of it has to do with what I do in my downtime. My typical day is like this:
  1. I wake up and eat breakfast immediately
  2. I get ready for the gym and work out
  3. I return home to have a protein shake and usually an whole wheat English muffin
  4. I shower and get ready for work
  5. make my lunch and then head to work
  6. work 8 hours
  7. head home to watch some TV and head to bed (to wake up and do it all again the next day)

The days that I actually do not make it to the gym, I usually allow myself to sleep in to get any extra sleep my body will take. The problem lies in the down time or days that I have off. I know that these days I should cook for my week of work (as I have done this in the past and it seems to really help me out!) But I usually am so lazy because I am working out so much that I just like to work out on my days off and be lazy the rest of the day! I know that diet is 80% of the equation and 20% is working out, but I find it so difficult to get that 80% down. I think I need to just focus on the prize being that I told myself I would get to the best weight of my life this year and it is time to stay focused. It really does not help that I sprained a muscle in my back last week, but I am taking a week off as to not aggravate my back any more. I think that I am almost 100% but I think a few more days off will solidify that!

Well Everyone.. thanks for checking in and I wish you all the best!!

**JK**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome to see that things are going great, man!! Keep it up! There's still a lot of 2009 to go!

40 Something said...

hope all still remains good!